• Fellowship in Paediatric Urology, Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) and University College of London UK 2007
• Fellow European Board of Paediatric Urology (FEBPU) 2007 (In House)
• FRCS, The Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin Ireland 2003
• FCPS (Pediatric Surgery) The College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan 2001
• MBBS, Bolan Medical College Quetta Pakistan 1992
• B.Sc. University of Karachi Pakistan 1985
• General Medical Council (GMC), UK
• Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC)
• Consultant Paediatric Urology, Department of Urology, Shifa International Hospitals H-8/4 Islamabad Pakistan from 2nd August 2010 to date.
• Associate Professor, Department of Paediatric Urology, Sind Institute Of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT) Karachi Pakistan from 25th May 2010 to 1st September 2010.
• Assistant Professor, Department of Paediatric Urology, Sind Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT) Karachi Pakistan from 1st July 2005 to 24th May 2010.
• SPR Pediatric Urology, Department of Paediatric Urology, Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) London UK from 3rd April 2006 to 30th March 2007.
• Senior Lecturer, Department of Paediatric Urology, Sind Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT) from 16th December 2002 to 24th May 2005.
• Senior Registrar, Department of Paediatric Surgery, National Institute of Child Health (NICH) Karachi Pakistan from 28th May 2001 to 14th December 2002.
• Registrar, Department of Paediatric Surgery, National Institute of Child Health (NICH) Karachi Pakistan from 16th December 2000 to 27th May 2001.
• Trainee Registrar, Department of Surgery, Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) Karachi Pakistan 1st April 2000 to 15th December 2000.
• Registrar, Department of Paediatric Surgery, National Institute of Child Health (NICH) Karachi Pakistan from 20th August 1996 to 31st March 2000
• Trainee Registrar, Department of Surgery, Sheikh Zayed Hospital Lahore Pakistan from20th April 1996 to 12th August 1996.
• House Officer, Department of Surgery Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) Islamabad Pakistan from 28th September 1994 to 26th March 1995.
• House officer, Department of Medicine Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) Islamabad Pakistan from 27th March 1994 to 27th September 1994.
• House Officer, Department of Surgery Sandeman Provicial Hospital, Bolan Medical College Quetta Pakistan from 12th August 1993 to 12th Feb 1994.
• House officer, Department of Pathology Sandeman Provincial Hospital Quetta Pakistan 14th Feb 1993 to 13th August 1993
1. Iqbal N, Shohab D1, Hussain I1, Sadaf R2, Waqar S2, Nawaz G1, Akhter S1. Paediatric Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL). 2015 Aug;25(8):610-2. doi: 08.2015/JCPSP.610612.
2. Iqbal N, Hussain I, Waqar S, Sadaf R, Tashfeen R, Nisa Nabil N-, Akhter S.Ureteroscopy for Management of Ureteric Stones in Children - A Single Centre Experience.J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2016 Dec;26(12):984-988. doi: 2500.
3. Iqbal N, Muhammad S, Zafar W, Tashfeen R, Faiz J, Hasan A, Hussain I, Akhter S.Stone-Free-Rate After Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy in the Management of Pediatric Renal Stones in Lower Pole and Other Locations - A Comparative Study.J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2016 Nov;26(11):908-911.
4. Iqbal N,Assad S,Rahat Aleman Bhatti J,Hasan A,Shabbir MU,Akhter S. Comparison of Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy for Urolithiasis Between Children and Adults: A Single Centre Study.Cureus. 2016 Sep 29;8(9):e810.
5. Nadeem Iqbal, Salman Assad, Aisha Hasan, Muhammad Usman Shabbir, Taimur Hijazi, Saeed Akhter.Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy in the treatment of pediatric nephrolithiasis: Comparison of the outcome between preschool and schoolgoing children: A single-center study.DOI:10.4103/2468-5585.197491
6. Shohab D, Iqbal N, Alam MU, Butt A, Jamil MI, Hussain I, Akhter S. Comparison of Outcome of Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy in Adult Versus Paediatric Patients. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2016;26:371-3. doi: 2317.
7. Glanular Hypospadias Management with Modified Circumcision and Firlit Procedure
Nadeem Iqbal, Ijaz Hussain, Muneeb Ahmad Cheema, Muhammad Taimur H. jaz,Meherunnisa Asif Khan, Omair ul Haq Lodhi and Saeed Akhter.JCPSP 2017.
8 . Iqbal N, Assad S, Hussain I, Hassan Y, Khan H, Farooq MA, Akhter S. Comparison of outcomes of tubed versus tubeless percutaneous nephrolithotomy in children: A single center study. Turk J Urol. 2018;44:56-61.
9. Iqbal N, Syed OZ, Bukhari AH, Sheikh AAE, Mahmud US, Khan F, Hussain I Akhter S. Utility of Mitrofanoff as bladder draining tool: A single center experience in pediatric patients.Turk J Urol. 2018 Nov 26:23-28. doi: 10.5152/tud.2018.86836. [Epub ahead of print].
• 1-A rare case of Vaginal Yolk sac tumor of an infant Diagnosed on pathological examination of discharged tumor fragment
To be Published in Sep 2017 issue in JCPSP
• 2- Urinothorax in a child secondary to obstructive renal stone in a solitary functioning kidney : A case report
CEN Case rep (2016) 5:209-211
• 3- Comparison of different Analgesia Drug regimens for Pain Control During Extracorporal Shock wave Lithotripsy for renal Stones: A Randomized control Study
Cureus DOI: 10.7759/cureus.1195
• 4- Paediatric Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL).
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak.2015 Aug;25(8):610-2.
• 5-Comparison of Outcome of Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy in Adult Versus Paediatric Patients.
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak.2016 May;26(5):371-3.
• 6-Stone-Free-Rate After Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy in the Management of Pediatric Renal Stones in Lower Pole and Other Locations – A Comparative Study.
• 7-URETEROSCOPY FOR MANAGEMENT OF URETERIC STONES IN CHILDREN – A SINGLE CENTER EXPERIENCE”.
Reg. No. 1258/SA/2015 . J CPSP.
• 8-Testicular Preserving Surgery: A Judicious Approach for Benign Testicular Lesion.
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 2016 Jul;26(7):640